Tuesday 24 April 2012

Ode To:Santigold

















Santigold is one of my favourite artists around. She's innovative and unique. I love the way she blends musical genres and is almost chameleon like despite her distinctive vocals. I absolutely loved her first album but it was interesting watching her impact on the scene. Despite the album receiving critical acclaim, it was annoying to watch the media's reaction to her. They didn't know what box to put her in. It seems the media tend to struggle with quirky black female artists while embracing the likes of Gaga. Coincidence? I think not. I don't think Santigold gets enough recognition, she's also a brilliant writer and producer, having produced RES's first album How I Do. Im so glad she's back with a new album, she's a great artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...