Sunday 22 January 2012

Watch List:Lana Del Rey

US singer Lana Del Rey's album drops on January 30th and I can't wait to get a hold of my copy. I discovered her music last year having heard Born To Die and Video Games and I've been eagerly anticipating the album for a while. There's a lot of buzz about her and for me the hype is justified, I think she's an astounding talent. Her voice is cinematic and dark, she's cited Nancy Sinatra as an influence and you can hear it. I love artists like her and Florence Welch because their music works on so many different levels, it transports you and takes you to several spaces, sometimes all within one track. Not many singers are capable of that. Oh yes, I predict many a movie soundtrack featuring Lana's songs in the future. And I know she comes from money, some people seem to have a bee in their bonnet about that but who cares? She has the talent and that's what matters. She looks great too, for some reason she reminds me of Veronica Lake and certain actresses of that period.
http://lanadelrey.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...