Thursday 6 January 2011

Fear Of...



So I went to the dentist a couple of weeks back and realised why I've avoided regular visits. Dentophobia. It is terrifying sitting in that chair, I nearly choked on my saliva at the sound of the drill and the gleefully ominous expression on my dentist's face. I have a fear of heights but not a fear of flying, which may or may not be strange. I know someone who's scared of cartoons and animations. Here are some irrational fears I find hilarious and intriguing.

Geniophobia - Fear of chins
Kathisophobia - Fear of sitting down
Lachanophobia - Fear of vegetables
Logophobia - Fear of words
Phronemophobia - Fear of thinking
Peladophobia - Fear of bald people
Ophthalmophobia - Fear of opening your eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...