Sunday 25 April 2010

Medicine For Melancholy


I really like this indie movie directed by Barry Jenkins. It's a love story about two African Americans getting to know each other post their one night stand at a party. It also highlights the issue of being black in an increasingly gentrified San Francisco. I like the cinematography, its not in colour but not quite black and white either which seems to be a reflection of the city. The performances are great,lovely dialogue. It is a beautiful,nuanced film. I don't think I've mentioned it before but I'm more than a little in love with Wyatt Cenac,not only is he great in The Daily show but also in this gem. He's cute,geeky,funny and quirky.Tracey Heggins is gorgeous,she gives an understated,elegant performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...